IPAA Leadership Training Program:
Executive Leadership Program for Energy Professionals
October 21-26, 2012
University of Houston campus
Register by Phone at 713-743-1202
About the Program
Join us October 21-26, 2012, for a certificate program from the Independent Petroleum Association of America (IPAA) and the University of Houston C. T. Bauer College of Business Global Energy Management Institute (GEMI), aimed to equip tomorrow’s IPAA leaders with the critical business tools needed for success.
The intensive five-day course will give you an understanding of the economics and global nature of the energy industry, the valuation and financing issues relevant to the industry, and a framework for strategic planning.
Upon completion of the program, you will be awarded a Certificate in Energy Management. By offering this service to its members and potential new members, IPAA is furthering its goals of promoting education, setting professional standards, and developing energy leaders for the future.
Who Should Attend
- Individuals identified as having the potential for expanded roles and needing a broader base of knowledge about the industry
- New managers within a company
- Family members in small to midsize oil and gas companies who will continue with the family business
Choosing Where to Participate
- History and Economics of the Global Energy Industry
- Public Policy in the Energy Equation
- Oil and Gas Industry Strategy for the Coming Decade
- Oil and Gas Accounting and Contracts
- Valuation: Principles and Techniques
Setting up The Human System
- Leading and Managing People in a Global Context
- Leadership: Navigating the Organization Chart
Communicating The Value Proposition
- Capital Markets and Value Creation
- IPAA members: $4,500
- Non-IPAA members: $5,000*
Fee includes materials, breakfasts and lunches.
*Includes one year membership in IPAA
For more information, please contact Ramona Taylor at
713-743-4705, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lodging is available at the Hilton University of Houston. A block of rooms has been set aside for students in the program. For reservations, visit www.hilton.com or call 866-327-1161.
Hotel Check-in time is 4 p.m. Check-out time is noon. Hilton University of Houston parking garage charges are $15.00 per vehicle. For driving directions click here.
- Sunday evening reception 5:30 p.m.
- Classes: Monday-Thursday (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) and
Friday (8 a.m. to 12 noon)
A full schedule for the program will be posted here as the information becomes available.
Registrants may pay with a credit card online or mail a check to the following address:University of Houston
102 C.N. Hilton Hotel & College
Houston, TX 77204-3027